The Nuclear AMRC has helped hundreds of companies to achieve their goals through manufacturing innovation and supplier development.
We have helped create or safeguard thousands of jobs and hundreds of millions of pounds of new business for companies. We have worked with hundreds of businesses, including many SMEs, to help them to become more competitive.
Much of our work for companies is commercially confidential, but you can discover a few of our success stories below. Each case study opens as a downloadable pdf.
- Smart sensors for long-term waste storage at Sellafield
- Intelligent robots tackle the hard grind for Ensa
- Insphere collaboration brings innovation to market
- Small heat exchangers present big welding challenge for Thornhill
- Flawed weld collaboration with Sonaspection
- Milling cycle time slashed for Sheffield Forgemasters
- Building confidence in steel powder metallurgy with EPRI
- Virtual glovebox offers a helping hand for Sellafield
- Assembly time halved for Rolls-Royce
- TSP Engineering streamlines bogey production
Supply chain development
- Hutchinson targets new opportunities in nuclear
- Heatsense hurdles barriers to entry
- GR Carr wins major contract at Hinkley Point C
- A&P Falmouth sets course for new markets in nuclear
- R-Tech proves its mettle
- Nuclear lift for SCX Special Projects
- Syspal prepares for decommissioning opportunities
- Capula keeps on top of standards
- TP Group on track to double nuclear business
- Penny Nuclear lifts its fortunes with F4N
For more case studies on companies completing our Fit For Nuclear programme, see our directory of F4N companies.
For the latest news on how we’re helping UK manufacturers win work in civil nuclear and other innovative energy sectors, see our quarterly newsletter.